FLINT: How to Help



Earnestly and fervently pray for the people of Flint and for all our elected officials.


Offer your time, talents and presence.  The opportunities to serve in Flint are developing day-by-day and will continue for the foreseeable future. You can contact Pete Plum, Crossroads District Emergency Water Crisis Coordinator plum@miareaumc.org to offer your assistance.

The American Red Cross and United Way of Genesse County are seeking volunteers to help with the distribution of water, water filters, replacement cartridges, and test kits.  Call 2-1-1 for information on volunteering.


Donate cash:

You can place an extra offering in the offering plate at GUMchurch on Sundays. Just be sure your offering is marked “Flint Water” and it will be forwarded to the Crossroads UMC District which is purchasing water in bulk for Flint residents.

Send a donation to: Detroit Conference Treasurer’s Office 1309 N. Ballenger Hwy, Suite 1 Flint, MI 48504.  Checks made payable to “Detroit Conference” with“ #0918 (Crossroads District Water Response)” in the memo line.

Make a donation online through Donations may also be made online at http://bit.ly/FlintRelief.

Or you can make an offering to UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) by marking that your special offering is for UMCOR Advance #901670 and placing it in the offering plate or visiting UMCOR.org


Stay Informed:

Stay informed of actions of your state officials and the issues that  impact you and other Michiganders  online at Michigan.gov or by contacting your government representatives directly.